Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Green Connection – Kota Kinabalu

Was thinking to go to the Lok Kawi Wildlife Park this morning, but the weather didn’t play nice.  So instead of taking risk of getting wet (I’m more concern of my camera) while on the 1.4KM trail, I headed to The Green Connection.  Entrance fee is RM15.  While it’s a nice place to check out, it definitely needs more fund for maintenance (what is our government doing? Sleeping??). The cafe is closed, the aquarium water is dirty, workers sitting there chit-chatting…

I was the only visitor when I went there just now. Then another two Western tourists arrived just before I left.  A couple of Western professors work there taking care of the marine lives, which is good. 

------------------------------

Green entrance.

DSC_0001 DSC_0002

------------------------------

DSC_0004 DSC_0005

DSC_0009 DSC_0013

DSC_0030 DSC_0053

------------------------------

Stonefish

DSC_0023

------------------------------

Stingray & Shark

DSC_0008 DSC_0024

DSC_0025 DSC_0029

------------------------------

The only sea turtle in the huge aquarium

DSC_0027 DSC_0028

------------------------------

Finding Nemo

DSC_0015DSC_0011 

------------------------------

Nice coral

DSC_0033 DSC_0034

DSC_0035 DSC_0036

DSC_0037 DSC_0038

DSC_0039

3 comments:

  1. What lovely pictures! All very beautiful!

    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are beautiful. How did you take this? Do you have a polarizer? I'm trying to take photos from aquarium but the photo effect turn out bad due to strong reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. teca, Thanks for your comment. It's very encouraging. :)

    Lee Chu, Thanks. My polarizer never came off from the lens, but I don't think it helps much on a reflection glass. I just moved around until I get the best angle with less reflection. Then, "Auto-Levels" adjustment in Photoshop. :)

    ReplyDelete