Tuesday, July 27, 2010

AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G

Knowing that a prime lens is good for indoor photography, and since Hari Raya is also coming soon, able to capture some kampung photos during the night time will be pretty interesting.  Besides, I think the focal length is just nice for shooting family group photo too.  So after dinner and coffee, I came straight home to do some try shots to see how good it can perform.

With only two energy saver ceiling lights (Warm White 14w), hand held camera and no speedlight, I’d say the result is quite impressive.

0017cs

f/2, ISO-400, EV –0.7, cropped at 66.7%.

 

DSC_0012sf2.2, ISO-400, EV 0

At RM830 (approx. 260 USD), it’s not cheap consider it’s only a DX lens (amazon.com is selling at just below 200 USD).  I was thinking to get the 50mm f1.8D AF before this for portrait purpose, but without the help of auto focus (I’m short-sighted), I know it can be a problem for me to focus properly under manual mode.  But anyway, I’m definitely happy with this lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment