Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Kota Kinabalu Gaya Street - Sunday Street (or Flea) Market

I think it’s a nice place to practice some live or moving portrait photo shooting.  Below are some pictures which were taken using my kit lens (18-55mm), and it lacks the zoom I need to pull an object from far away.  It’ll be better to photograph them without their acknowledgement. The locals might show me their middle finger if I photograph them right in front of their face.  So, I will return again once I get the Nikon 70-300mm zoom lens. 
DSC_0395
DSC_0407
While I was having some coffee, this grandma seated at the table next to me. So immediately I took a snap. My 18-55mm kit lens was not able to throw the background out of focus, so photoshop is the only way to go. Though it’s not perfect, I kind of like the lonely feeling.
Anyway, below are some shots in colour, no post processing except crop and signature.
DSC_0388
DSC_0397
DSC_0410
DSC_0412 
DSC_0411c DSC_0404 DSC_0398

2 comments:

  1. These set of pic is full of colours..Nice! I would like to take phots at pasar malam too, but I better don't try it without a zoom lens. I think the people are more violent than KK ppl if they know that i'm taking their pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, using a zoom lens is the only way to go. KK here still ok I think, as long as you act like a tourist. Haha.

    ReplyDelete