Thursday, June 24, 2010

Back to Photography

Just a couple months back, me and my friend were talking about how digital camera has changed the way we take photos. Rewind my memory back to 15 years ago, we used to go out to take photos in film, using SLR camera. During that time, photo shooting was not as convenient as today consider we have to buy films, and the cost to develop in photo lab. Not to mention results can only be seen after photos were developed in lab, the whole day photo session can be ruined by small careless mistakes too. Due to we were student during that time, we can hardly afford to go to photo lab few times a week...and our equipments were borrowed from relatives or parents.

We put down our camera after we finished college to pursue our career. During the past few years, although we did snap some pictures, we were only using "point-and-shoot" camera as it's more affordable. Until recently, the local market is flooded with DSLR and so the price has dropped to a more consumer-friendly level. So we think it's a good time to pick our camera again, to continue our long stopped hobby...

So after been looking around and some research, I finally picked my unit - a Nikon D5000. I won't go into its details and performance since there are a lot on the Internet. However, a good review can be found here.

----------

An Olympus OM2 with Tamron SP lens, given by an uncle when I was studying overseas.




My new joy - Nikon D5000

No comments:

Post a Comment